Wednesday 23 March 2011

Wembley Stadium Highlight over Mark Cooper

Darlington boss Mark Cooper is supporters will turn out in numbers for the FA Trophy final against Mansfield in May.

The Quakers confirmed to play at Wembley Stadium thanks to Saturday's 3-2 aggregate victory over Gateshead.

Cooper told BBC Tees, "It's great to take your team to Wembley, and I'm pleased for the chairman".

"The fans will relish what is a really good day out at the new Wembley and we can take a good number of fans there."

Cooper added: "I was nervous all day, from when I woke up at eight o'clock this morning and I'm delighted it's over."

President Raj Singh to promote competition both legs were attendances, and there was a time when business was considering his future at Darlington came in.

Singh said, "We got there in the end, we got the result we came for, I'm proud of them, things are starting to come together for what we're trying to do".

"I was really encouraged last week when we got 4,200 and to say that we've had 2,500 that's absolutely brilliant.

"That tells me it's worth carrying on now, because people are backing us, it's all I wanted to see.

"It's chicken and egg, if the team plays well, the fans keep coming, and they are coming."

Quakers on the back of a 3-2 first round game went into international stadium in Darlington last weekend to win the next deadlock was looking pretty good by Quakers.

Cooper added, "First half I thought we were absolutely rubbish, I had a bit of a go at them at half-time, and rattled a few cages".

"Gateshead were far better than us in the first half, without really creating any clear-cut chances.

"But second half after we rattled a few, they came out and responded really well and we saw it out pretty comfortably."

No comments: